2012 Ag Sector Council Recap
Miss an Agrilinks event in 2012? Don't worry, all of our Ag Sector Council Seminars, Feed the Future Stakeholder Meetings, and special seminars are recorded and easy to access. And for many events, you can also watch video interviews with the presenters and download presentations and transcripts.
Ag Sector Council Seminars
The monthly Ag Sector Council Seminar Series allows participants to engage with specialists on agriculture-relevant approaches, current USAID projects, tools, and case studies.
- April 25: "Experimental Approaches to Understanding Market Segmentation Strategies for New Agricultural Technologies" featuring David Spielman and Nick Magnan of IFPRI
- March 28: "Knowledge Sharing in Food Security and Agriculture: Improving Practice for Increased Impact" featuring Joan Whelan of the TOPS Program, Andrea Bohn of the MEAS Project, and Meaghan Murphy of the USAID/KDMD Project
- February 29: "Public Sector Agricultural Research: Why it Matters for Sustainable Development" featuring Ibrahim Shaqir of USDA's Agricultural Research Service
- January 25: "Voucher Schemes for Enhanced Fertilizer Use: Lessons Learned and Policy Implications" featuring Ian Gregory of IFDC and David Rohrbach of World Bank (Tanzania)
View all 2011 Ag Sector Council Seminars here.
Feed the Future Stakeholder Meetings
Feed the Future meetings provide a space for USAID and interagency partners to connect with civil society organizations, research institutes and universities, other donors, USG staff, and implementers in the field for consultation and sharing around current issues, technical approaches, and guidance relevant to the Feed the Future Initiative.
- May 10: "New Country and Region-Led Efforts and Partnerships for Enhancing Resilience and Building Growth in the Horn of Africa" featuring Nancy Lindborg, Greg Gottlieb, Jeff Hill, Susan Fine, and Tom Beck of USAID
- February 24: "Efforts to Enhance Resilience in the Horn of Africa" featuring Nancy Lindborg, Greg Gottlieb, Jeff Hill, and Susan Fine of USAID
- May 17: "Enhancing Livestock Resilience and Pastoral Livelihoods in Africa" featuring Francis Chabari and Jurjen Draaijer of CNFA and John McPeak of Syracuse University
- March 13: "Approaches to Building Food Security Policy Analysis Capacity in Developing Countries: IFPRI and MSU" featuring Paul Dorosh of IFPRI, Duncan Boughton of Michigan State University, Prabhu Pingali of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Daniel Karanja of the Partnership to Cut Hunger and Poverty in Africa, and Julie Howard and Jeff Hill of USAID
You can always view all upcoming and past events on Agrilinks here.