Agrilinks Coverage of the 2012 World Food Prize in Des Moines, Iowa
On October 18, 2012 the Agrilinks team attended the 2012 World Food Prize/Borlaug Dialogue in Des Moines, Iowa. The 2012 Borlaug Dialogue highlighted the role of partnerships and their importance in confronting hunger challenges by driving forward cutting edge research and application at the intersection of science, education and enterprise. The "Partnerships and Priorities” theme asked several critical questions:
- What are some of the lessons learned from past partnerships?
- Where do we want to be and how do we best leverage partnerships to get there?
- How is the traditional food security agenda being transformed with new models of collaboration around the world?
The Agrilinks team was also at the conference to conduct interviews with groups and individuals who are contributing to the president's Feed the Future Initiative. Below you can scroll through all the interviews to get a better understanding of what has been happening behind the scenes in Washington, DC and around the world.
- Dr. Andrew Mude (International Livestock Research Institute)
- Dr. Andy McDonald (International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center)
- Maria Andrade (International Potato Center)
- Julie Borlaug, Jeanie Borlaug (Borlaug Global Rust Initiative)
- Dr. Elizabeth Mitcham (USAID Horticulture CRSP at UC Davis)
- Dr. Judith Chambers (IFPRI)
- Denis Kyetere (African Agricultural Technology Foundation)
- Cynthia Donovan and Irvin Widders (USAID Dry Grain Pulses CRSP)
- Amer Fayad (USAID IPM CRSP)
- Deborah Rubin and Caitlin Nordehn (Cultural Practice, LLC)
Paul Weisenfeld (USAID Bureau for Food Security)
- Krista Zimmerman and Havca Ganguly (Lutheran World Relief)