#AskAg Twitter Chat Recap: Climate, Economy and Livelihoods
Leading up to the recent Agrilinks Special Event—which relayed the effects of climate change on agriculture and food security in the African and Latin American Resilience to Climate Change (ARCC) program countries of Uganda, Mali, Senegal and Honduras—October's #AskAg Twitter Chat discussed topics that included resilience and the economic impact of climate-smart agriculture.
The "Climate, Economy and Livelihoods" Twitter Chat leveraged the knowledge of experts from the New Climate Economy project, Tetra Tech, the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), the USAID Bureau for Food Security and the ARCC program. A handful of guiding questions were posed to the experts, who also fielded questions from other Twitter participants. Aggregated here is a list of all the resources—including reports, infographics, blogs and other tools—shared by both experts and participants.
- Gatesnotes: 4 innovations for poor farmers
- EDF blog: 'Feeding 9 billion' requires facing up to climate change
- EDF blog: How can we grow more rice - with less land, water and pollution?
- EDF blog: Fertilizer-efficiency credits seed the market for agricultural offsets
- EDF blog: In India, Farmers Adapt to Climate Change
- EDF blog: What is climate-smart agriculture?
- EDF blog: Five things to like about California’s proposed rice protocol
- Agrilinks blog: Laura Schreeg (USAID), Climate-Smart Agriculture
- USAID commentary: Investing in Smallholder Farmers to FtF
- USAID news: Niger's 'Tree of Life'
- EDF on increasing resilience
- Virginia Tech on Conservation Agriculture Production Systems
- USAID on Global Alliance for Climate Smart Ag
- BASIS About 14
- Powering Agriculture Winners
- FAO on Climate Smart Ag
- IRRI's Knowledge Bank
- Agriculture Extension and Advisory Services under the New Normal of Climate Change
- Climate Change Impacts on Agriculture and Food Security: Implications for Developing Climate Resilient Agriculture Programs
Infographics and photos
- Honduran forest composition shifts
- Traditional ag practices in the Sahel
- Market access and vulnerability in Senegal
- Flood analysis in the Dominican Republic
- Adaptation Options for Smallholder and Microenterprise Development Initiatives
- MEAS Discussion papers and briefs on extension and advisory services
- Land use: Protecting food, forests, and people
- ARCC's Climate Change Vulnerability Assessments
- ARCC's Climate Change and Ag Infrastructire in Uganda Report
- ARCC's From Assessment to Implementation: Approaches for Adaptation Options Analysis
- ARCC's Dominican Republic Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment Report
- Soils and Compost publications
- World Resources Report 2013-2014: Creating a Sustainable Food Future
- FAO's Climate Smart Sourcebook
- CARE's Climate Vulnerability and Capacity Analysis Handbook
More from #AskAg
Keep an eye on #AskAg for information on upcoming Twitter Chats!