A Theory of Change makes explicit the way we think about a current situation or problem, its underlying causes, the long-term change we seek, and what needs to happen in order for that change to come about. You will explore various elements of a Theory of Change to build common understanding around the process needed to achieve a desired change. It is key to articulate assumptions, identify and asses each stakeholder's level of influence and how this might affect each pathway of change.
Create a Theory of Change for Feed the Future activities and apply the Results Framework to the activities:
- Articulate a TOC for an activity given the activity description
- Draw the causal pathways
- Identify assumptions
- Develop a results framework based on the Theory of Change
- Identify goal, strategic objectives, intermediate results, sub-intermediate results
- Identify, at each level, results necessary and sufficient to achieve the results the level above, for the selected causal path
- Draw the links between the activity results framework and the Feed the Future results framework
Session Developer: Salik Farooqi, J.D., Ph.D.