Disaster Risk Reduction
FineResults Research Services is holding a high impact training course in Disaster Risk Reduction in Nairobi, Kenya from 21st to 25th October 2019.
Course name: Disaster Risk Reduction
Venue: FineResults Research, Nairobi, Kenya
Event date: 21 - 25 October 2019
Course fee: KES 65,000 OR USD 800
Registration: Register online
Why FineResults Research Services?
FineResults Research Services Ltd. offers training solutions to individuals, communities, governments and civil society organizations, both local and international.
We also provide application-oriented and field-based consultancy services in all aspects of research and evaluations from inception to completion. This includes research designs, designing monitoring and evaluations systems, technical reviews, program evaluations, questionnaire validation, data collection, data capture, data analysis and report writing. FineResults Research Services Ltd. is a company incorporated under the laws of Kenya. Its head office is in Nairobi, Kenya.
This course is suitable for:
Disaster managers and councilors/political leaders. It is equally relevant to those concerned with all aspects of service delivery, business continuity, poverty reduction, humanitarian action and sustainable development.
Disaster risk reduction (DRR) skills are fundamental to the process of increasing awareness on natural hazards and disaster risk reduction to key stakeholders with knowledge on disaster management to empower the actors to support their organizations in developing disaster resilient programs and projects.
After the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand disaster risk reduction concepts and DRR conceptual frameworks and institutional mechanisms
- Identify and understand the causes and impacts of various hazards locally, regionally and globally
- Identify disaster risk reduction strategies and opportunities in programming
- Monitor program inputs, processes and results required for management of DRR
- Understand concepts, methods, and tools for monitoring of DRR in humanitarian response, emergency response and development programs
- Identify ways to overcome barriers to conducting effective disaster risk monitoring
- Conduct disaster risk monitoring using appropriate methods and tools
- Get basic knowledge of analyzing qualitative data for humanitarian, emergency and development sector programmes related to DRR
- Use geographic information systems (GIS) and GPS to gather data, collaborate and share information
- Communicate findings to stimulate learning and reflection
Topics to be covered:
- Understanding disaster risk reduction
- Insights into global and regional perspectives of hazards and disaster risk reduction
- The process of identifying, assessing and monitoring disaster risks and enhancing early warning
- Disaster preparedness, early warning and mitigation
- Community participation
- Code of conduct in disaster response
- Use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and GPS to gather data, collaborate and share information on DRR
How to participate:
View related courses:
- Contingency Planning
- Advocacy and Lobbying skills
- Nutrition Assessment in Emergencies
- Post-Disaster Economic Recovery and Sustainable Livelihood Restoration
- Emergency Planning and Management
- Shelter Settlement Planning in Emergencies
- Flood Disaster Risk Management in Changing Climate
- ICT for Disaster Response
- Early Warning Systems
Most popular courses
- Collection and management of research data using ODK and Kobo Toolbox
- Agricultural value chain development and market linkages
- GIS and remote sensing for epidemiology and public health course
- Report writing for project monitoring and evaluation
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Financial management for NGOs using QuickBooks
- Advanced Microsoft Excel training
- Mobile phone-based data collection for M&E
- Leadership and management skills for new managers and supervisors
View our development and humanitarian courses.
For further inquiries, please contact us through mobile: +254 732 776 700 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us through mobile: +254 732 776 700 or email: email@example.com
Payment should be transferred to Fine Results Research Limited bank before C.O.B 14th/10/2019. Send proof of payment through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org