International Women’s Day 2020 – Gender Equality within USAID Programs
Event Date: Mar 10, 2020
Time: 09:00 AM to 09:00 AM (GMT -5)
Online: Online Event
Join gender equality champions from leading humanitarian agencies: Mercy Corps, CARE, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), and Save the Children on Tuesday, March 10th at 9 am EST for a panel discussion in honor of International Women’s Day (IWD) 2020. The live-streamed panel discussion moderated by USAID will reflect on progress, challenges and opportunities for advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment internally, within food security programs.
As part of efforts to advance learning and strengthen capacity in gender programming, USAID will facilitate a live-streamed panel discussion with practitioners to reflect on how implementing partners are advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment within their food security programs.
Focusing on IWD’s 2020 theme 'An equal world is an enabled world,’ the discussion will:
- Provide an overview of the framework within which USAID promotes gender equality within their programs.
- Share lessons learned on how organizations implementing food security programs are putting forward efforts to promote gender equality and empowerment internally in order to model what they'd like to see in the communities they work in.
- Enable participants to engage in dialogue to strengthen peer to peer learning and capacity.
Food for Peace's Sr. Gender and Youth Advisor, Kavita Sethuraman, will moderate the panel and facilitate audience participation for a Q&A session at the end.
- Valerie Davis, Agriculture STA- Gender & Nutrition, CRS
- Opper Maravanyika, Technical Gender Advisor, CARE
- Nelly Maina, Regional Gender Advisor, Mercy Corps
- Yeva Avakyan, Associate Vice President Gender Equality, Save the Children