Library Access for Success: Finding Literature for Livestock Research
Webinar Series by the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems
Livestock researchers need to find high-quality scientific literature quickly, and this need has been repeatedly emphasized by the international researchers and stakeholders affiliated with the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems. Fortunately, specialized librarians from the University of Florida are here to help.
This webinar is our first in a series about conducting efficient and effective searches for scientific literature, using the most current and advanced online resources available in Africa and Asia. In this webinar, you will learn about:
- Assessing the need for literature
- Accessing excellent resources available through the University of Florida library system
- Using premier online sources, including Research4Life databases AGORA and HINARI
- Turning Access into Success
We encourage attendance by stakeholders of the Innovation Lab and especially by all research project Principal Investigators, their affiliated students, and librarians from our many partner institutions. Resources in these webinars will be tailored to the targeted countries of Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, and Uganda.
In the next six months, we’ll have various webinars on conducting efficient and effective searches for the best literature for livestock research, and they will be announced on our website at .
- Dr. Sandra Russo, Lead, Human and Institutional Capacity Development, Livestock Systems Innovation Lab
- Michelle Leonard, Associate University Librarian, University of Florida
- Dr. Lenny Rhine, Lenny Rhine, Coordinator, Librarians Without Borders, Medical Library Association (USA)
Instructions for connecting to webinar
Registration is required. Submit your name and email by following this link:
Contact for questions
Email or call 352-294-1064