Webinar—"Balancing the Systems: Making Food & Market Systems Work for Nutrition"
Event Date: Feb 22, 2018
Time: 09:00 am to 10:30 am America/New York
Location: United States
Online: Online Event
Host: ACDI/VOCA and Agribusiness Systems International
Register today for the webinar on Thursday, February 22, 2018, from 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m., to learn about the overlaps between market and food systems approaches to development, and how understanding what they have in common may improve the way both systems function.
Speakers will explore macro trends in food security, urbanization’s effect on nutrition-sensitive programming, and more.
Session 1 (45 min):
Trends in the Food Environment: Creating Sustainable, Resilient Food Systems for Healthy Diets
- Speaker: Jessica Fanzo, John Hopkins University
Discussion: Transforming Food and Market Systems to be Competitive, Inclusive, and Resilient to Achieve Economic and Nutrition Outcomes for Households
- Facilitator: Ladd, ACDI/VOCA
Session 2 (45 min):
Panel Discussion: An interactive discussion between panel members, who implement food or market system development projects, and webinar participants. Panelists bring extensive experience in the following areas:
- Urbanization and Food Security: Dominic Schofield, GAIN Canada
- Engaging the Private Sector for Nutritional Outcomes through Market System Programs: Hannah Guedenet, Agribusiness Systems International
- Leveraging Agrobiodiversity to Create Sustainable Food Systems for Healthier Diets: James Garrett, Bioversity