Soybean 360: Agroprocessing in Sub-Saharan Africa
Event Date: Nov 30, 2020 to Dec 11, 2020
Time: 08:00 AM to 11:00 AM (GMT -6)
Location: United States
Online: Online Event
The Soybean Innovation Lab will be hosting a virtual international symposium on soybean processing in collaboration with the American Oil Chemists’ Society (AOCS), the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Makerere University, and the National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO). Soybean 360: Agro Processing in Sub-Saharan Africa will offer live and pre-recorded presentations from 8-11am CST from November 30 through December 11.
Each session will focus on the following key topics affecting the soybean value chain:
- Soybean in the Value Chain – Production from Field to Food Processor
- Processing Techniques and Technology
- Future Trends and Opportunities to Improve Nutrition and Marketing
- Policy and Capital
The Soybean Innovation Lab is pleased to announce that Vice President of Food Research at ADM, Baljit Ghotra will be our keynote speaker at the Soybean 360 symposium. Ghotra, an innovator in food science, leads ADM’s strategic efforts in research and development, exploring new ways to make food delicious and nutritious.
The symposium will feature over 35 presentations from industry partners and researchers around the world, followed by live, interactive question and answer sessions. Each day of the symposium will conclude with a 30-minute panel discussion, moderated by the Session Chairperson, including that day’s speakers.
Registration for the Soybean 360: Agro Processing in Sub-Saharan Africa symposium is required. We encourage agro-processors involved in cereal, snack, and pet food manufacturing, oil extractors, food scientists and engineers working in the R&D sector, and nutrition experts to register and attend the upcoming symposium.
Who Should Attend?
- Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) soybean value chain stakeholders, including agro-processors involved in cereal, snack and pet food manufacturing
- Oil extractors and those interested in fortification
- Industry leaders interested in marketing, market exploration and gaining access to capital
- Food scientists, technologists, technicians and engineers working in research and development (R&D)
- Operations involved with food extruders