Taking Advantage of the SADC Harmonized Seed Regulatory System for Market Gain
If you are a seed producer, company, or breeder with a presence in the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), this session is for you. During this webinar, you will learn how to unlock the SADC Harmonized Seed Regulatory System (HSRS), a regionally established set of guidelines that facilitate the production and seamless export of improved, high-quality seed.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
The SADC HSRS is a win-win-win for national governments, seed companies and farmers. Seed companies have historically come up against roadblocks when it comes to entering new markets within the SADC region. This has proven inefficient to the movement of seed, allowed for the proliferation of fake and substandard seed, and stifled access to new, improved crop varieties for farmers. With weather-related crises, pest infestations, and the overall need for greater food security, the USAID-funded Feed the Future Southern Africa Seed Trade Project has worked with SADC nations to harmonize seed policies for the last six years, pressure-tested the SADC HSRS with seed companies and scaled-up production and exports in 2021. It works, and you can now gain access to all 16 SADC markets within a drastically shortened amount of time and at significantly less cost.
- Benefits of the SADC HSRS to seed producers
- How access to all 16 SADC markets can dramatically improve your bottom line
- How to register new seed varieties to the SADC Seed Variety Catalogue
- Representatives from the SADC Secretariat
- Representatives from National Seed Authorities and National Plant Protection Organizations who have already participated in the SADC HSRS
- Seed Company representatives
- Seed Trade Association representatives
JOIN ZOOM MEETING
Meeting ID: 845 3905 4756