Webinar Opportunity: Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) and Environmental Testing for Foodborne Pathogens in the APEC Region
Event Date: Dec 14, 2020
Time: 09:00 PM to 10:30 PM (GMT -5)
Location: United States
Online: Online Event
Under the Food Safety Network interagency partnership agreement, the USDA and FDA are collaborating to host a series of webinars dedicated to promoting awareness of new techniques used to record and address food safety hazards. Unsafe food practices threaten public health and undermines food security at local, regional and global levels and can in turn become a barrier to trade. Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) an emerging new technology to help better protect consumers from foodborne illness in countries all over the world. These webinars will be the first in a three part series. Upon completion of the webinar, resources and the video recording will be made available on this page.
Below is a list of resources shared during the webinars. A video recording of the presentation is provided at the bottom of the page.
- Article: "Interpreting whole-genome sequence analyses of foodborne bacteria for regulatory applications and outbreak investigations" by [email protected] (This article is in PDF format in the attachments section of the event page.)
- GalaxyTrakr: An FDA funded cloud computing data resources
- Article: “BioProject and BioSample databases at NCBI: facilitating capture and organization of metadata” by Tanya Barrett et. al. (This article is in PDF format in the attachments section of the event page.)
- FDA site on Whole-Genome Sequencing
- The Food Safety Cooperation Forum's Partnership Training Institute Network (FSCF PTIN)
- FDA site on Whole-Genome Sequencing (shared also in Industry Webinar)
- The Food Safety Cooperation Forum's Partnership Training Institute Network (FSCF PTIN) (shared also in Industry Webinar)
- Proactive Applications of Whole Genome Sequencing Technology
- Whole Genome Sequencing Videos