Digital Technology for Resilience Planning and Due Diligence Tool
Increasingly, digital technologies have a role in supporting resilience efforts, but how do you decide whether a technology might be relevant to your project and whether a digital technology provider is the right one to meet your needs? This Excel-based Digital Technology for Resilience Planning and Due Diligence Tool has been designed to help you with exactly that.
This tool intends to help resilience practitioners:
- better plan for how to use a particular digital technology in projects and programs, and
- provide a framework on how to conduct a basic level of due diligence on digital technology providers that have been identified as potential partners.
The Digital Technology for Resilience Planning and Due Diligence Tool consists of three primary components:
- Planning, which aims to help you think through how the digital technology you are evaluating aligns with the needs of your organization, the intended users of the technology and your resilience objectives; factors related to achieving your desired scale and impact; and implementation considerations you will need to keep in mind to increase the chances of success.
- Due Diligence, which aims to help you assess how a potential digital technology provider aligns with your needs. This accompanying questionnaire includes questions that you may want to ask technology providers in order to gather the information you will need to complete the due diligence tab.
- Summary, which provides a dashboard look at key data points from the Planning and Due Diligence tabs. It is intended to help you to share your findings with other colleagues who may not be interested in all of the details contained in those two tabs.
To get started right away, download the Excel version of the tool. There is also a PDF version that you can print out on A1 paper to work on with your team first before transferring your content into the Excel version.