Feed the Future Digital Agriculture, Nutrition, Resilience and WASH Photo Contest
Help us tell the story of technology and innovation that improves resilience and food security around the globe! Feed the Future is holding a photo contest to showcase our partners’ work on digital technologies and innovation. Submissions are due July 20!
Here are the guidelines for submission:
- Photo must have been taken from a Feed the Future- and/or USAID-funded activity in the past 10 years.
- Photo should reflect digital technology that supports agriculture, nutrition, resilience, or water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) in an international development context.
- High-resolution, high-quality photos that are at least 1024 pixels or larger (tall or wide) or around 300 pixels per inch. Please send us the highest resolution version of the photo you have (at least 1 MB). If you are using Photoshop, please send only level 7 or higher compressed photos.
- Accepted formats: high-quality JPG and PNG.
- Only 2 photos per contestant will be accepted
- Photos must each be an original submission (submitted by photographer or with permission).
- Photos must each include a credit: name of photographer, and names of any people featured in the photograph.
- Photos must include a robust caption, which includes a description of what is going on in the photo, who is involved, where and when it was taken (country tag is especially important), and what digital tools are being showcased. 250 words or less.
We’ll upload all the photos to Feed the Future’s Flickr page for everyone to view and announce the winners on USAID and Feed the Future blog and social media platforms, as well as on this landing page. The winning photos will also likely appear in future Feed the Future and USAID publications. We’ll notify you via email if your photo wins.
To submit a photo, email [email protected] with all the information required above and attach photo(s). Photos with time stamp or logo will not be accepted. Photo submissions are due by July 20, 2020.
Feed the Future and USAID have the right to reproduce your photo in any format, including print products, on the web, and in social media (including the Feed the Future site and platforms, USAID and/or other individual U.S. Government partner websites and platforms). Please make sure you read the disclaimer below for full details!
By submitting a photograph to this competition you:
- Declare that you own the copyright of the photograph.
- Declare that you have permission to use the visual image of any identifiable individual or building in the photograph for entry into the competition and that the image may be published as stipulated in the photo contest rules.
- Agree that USAID and/or other individual U.S. Government (USG) Feed the Future partners who use the photo will not be responsible for the infringement of any third party rights in the photograph, moral or otherwise, that may arise as a result of your actions or omissions and that you indemnify USAID and/or other individual USG Feed the Future partners against all legal fees, claims, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the contest rules.
- Grant reproduction rights for the Feed the Future (under USAID and the interagency) use and in doing so agree that Feed the Future, USAID and/or other individual USG Feed the Future partners can use your photograph for the purposes of the competition and also for future reproduction on websites and literature and other materials at USAID’s and/or other individual USG Feed the Future partners’ discretion.