Feed the Future Global Food Security BAA
USAID is issuing a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) to invite participants to co-create, co-design, co-invest, and collaborate on innovative research and development (R&D) interventions to address challenges to global food security. Please view the notice on fbo.gov for complete information.
Title: Feed the Future Global Food Security BAA
- Expressions of Interest Submissions - Due: 12:00 PM ET (Washington DC Time) April 23, 2018
- Questions - Due: 10:00 AM ET (Washington DC Time) April 12, 2018
- Send Questions and EOI Submissions to FTFBAA@usaid.gov
The intent of the BAA is to create high-quality, effective partnerships to conduct cutting-edge R&D to find new and innovative ways of combating food insecurity and malnutrition. Under this BAA, USAID seeks partners that are committed to shared responsibility, shared risk, and shared resourcing, or co-investment. USAID's Bureau for Food Security (BFS) is seeking R&D to develop new and innovative approaches to enhance agricultural systems and rural development through well-integrated interventions that empower youth and foster improved gender dynamics, particularly in the areas of:
1) Inclusive and sustainable agriculture-led economic growth;
2) Strengthened resilience among people and systems, especially to new and recurrent shocks and stresses; and
3) A well-nourished population, especially women and children.
Please visit https://feedthefuture.gov/approach for additional information, including target countries and the U.S. Government Global Food Security Strategy.