Legume Systems West and Southern Africa Grant Writers Workshop and Seed Grant Competition
Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Legume Systems Research announces the Legume Systems West and Southern Africa Grant Writers Workshops and Seed Grant Competition. Learn effective strategies on communicating your science to donors and decision-makers and receive individualized expert feedback on how to write winning proposals while competing for seed grant research funds.
This unique opportunity combines a two-week virtual grant writers workshop followed by a proposal writing competition. A total of six seed grants will be awarded to local researchers for activities in any aspect of the legume value chain, specific to cowpea, pigeon pea or common bean, for work in any of the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Zambia.
About the Workshops and Grant Competition
- One workshop will be held for the Southern Africa region
- One workshop will be held for the West Africa region
- Workshops are limited to 20 participants each
- Eligible researchers will submit a concept note describing their proposed research
- During the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to turn their concept notes into full proposals
- The top five proposals from each region will be selected for external review
- Three of the top five proposals will be chosen from each region to receive a $5,000 seed grant
- Early career researchers are encouraged to apply
The workshops will be led by science communication expert, Mark Bayer of Bayer Strategic Consulting and host of the weekly podcast, When Science Speaks. Bayer has developed the Raising the Influence of Scientists and Engineers (RISE) System, a unique blend of proven rhetorical tools, persuasion principles and communications techniques to help scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs get funding and advance their careers. Mark empowers and teaches technical professionals to boil down their work into jargon-free, accurate and engaging narratives that advance their priorities with key decision-makers.
- February 28, 2022: Application and Concept Notes Deadline
- March 28, 2022: Participants Selected
- May 9-18, 2022: West Africa Grant Writers Workshop
- May 11-19, 2022: Southern Africa Grant Writers Workshop
- June 15, 2022: Proposal Competition Winners Selected
For More Detailed Information and to Apply
Scan code or visit https://legume.piestar-rfx.com/opportunities/legume/rfp/128.
Email questions to email@example.com.