Soybean Innovation Lab September 2018 Newsletter
Learn about all of SIL's recent advancements in the September Newsletter!
SIL's September 2018 Newsletter features the following articles:
- University of Illinois Leading the Way in Global Food Security - This piece was co-authored by Illinois Congressman Rodney Davis and SIL Director Dr. Peter Goldsmith, and was recently published in AgriPulse.
- New Video and Informational Packet on SIL's Multi-Crop Thresher! - This video goes over the major features of SIL's new low-cost, locally-produced thresher, such as its innovative design and rates of threshing, as well as the support offered by SIL, including a thresher fabrication workshop and assistance obtaining financial support.
- SIL Economic Impacts Team Releases Preliminary Results Report from Mozambique - SIL researchers Dr. Jill Findeis (University of Missouri), Dr. Fridah Mubichi-Kut (University of Missouri), IIAM-Mozambique scientist Maria da Luz Quinhentos and PhD graduate student Armand Dagbegnon Tossou (University of Illinois) have released a new report on Wave I of the Soybean Uptake & Network Survey (SUNS).
- Collaboration among SARI, SIL, and SFSA Results in a New Soybean Variety for Mali - SIL and its partners have released Jenguma, the most widely cultivated soybean variety in Ghana. Jenguma presents high yield and resistance to pod shattering, two essential traits for soybean production.
- SoyBytes: Dr. Kathleen Ragsdale and Dr. Mary Read-Wahidi - SIL experts and partners are involved in a number of initiatives and programs designed to improve production and utilization of soybean in Sub-Saharan Africa. SIL’s new podcast series, SoyBytes, offers an inside look at SIL innovations and technologies, direct from the experts themselves.