The course is designed for USAID staff implementing Feed the Future country-level activities.
Food Security and Agriculture Core Course
The Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) calls for expanding work in improving nutrition and resilience. This course underscores the Agency's focus on food security development and incorporates the Agency’s vision for food security and agriculture development under the GFSS. Participants will address challenges through building a common understanding of the Agency’s priorities, challenges and key issues in agriculture and food security. Participants will explore state-of-the-art thinking that can be applied to new and existing strategies which will assist learners in designing interventions that achieve greater and more targeted results.
Why Agriculture? Rob Bertram, Ph.D., Chief Scientist, USAID
Initially delivered as a 5-day, in-person, course you now have access to the course session and materials. As you work through the session PowerPoints, participants manual and resources you can better:
- Evaluate strengths and gaps in how you support and implement the GFSS Result Framework
- Identify linkages with GFSS and ToC for improved program impact on reducing poverty and stunting
- Recognize and create a market led growth strategy with strong emphasis on partnership leveraging (public-private partnerships, private sector, host governments)
- Promote a strong emphasis on cross-cutting themes into your strategy and planning
Additional resources and information:
- Sustainable Intensification
- Three Components of Policy Systems
- Agri-food Systems Transformation and Food Security
Agri-food Systems Transformation and Food Security, James Oehmke, Ph.D., USAID