Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture (WEAI) 101
This in-person course is designed to provide participants with a foundational knowledge of the WEAI and its results to better understand its role in information gender-responsive programming. It also ensures USAID Feed the Future staff will better understand how their programming will be measured vis-à-vis the WEAI.
The WEAI is a tool, developed by USAID, IFPRI and OPHI, to measure the inclusion of women in agriculture sector growth that has occurred as a result of U.S. Government intervention under the Feed the Future initiative. WEAI data collection, measurement and reporting is a requirement in USAID-funded Feed the Future programs.
- Empowerment and Agriculture (0:05)
- Why a WEAI? (9:22)
- How WEAI is Different? (23:28)
- WEAI’s Construction (0:05)
- 5 Domains of Empowerment (DE) (1:35)
- Gender Parity Index (GPI) (9:45)
- WEAI Survey (0:05)
- WEAI Survey Exercise (10:20)
- Survey Exercise Wrap-up (18:47)
Women's Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) Survey
- Using WEAI in Your Country (0:05)
- Looking at Baseline Results (7:56)
- What’s Next for You and WEAI? (15:45)