Colorful Harvest: From Feeding to Nourishing a Growing World
Event Date: Mar 26, 2019 to Mar 27, 2019
Time: 05:30 AM to 03:00 PM America/New York
Location: Washington, D.C., United States
Host: Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Horticulture
"Colorful Harvest: From Feeding to Nourishing a Growing World" is a two-day conference focused on horticulture research for international development, hosted by the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Horticulture on March 26-27 in Washington, D.C.
During the conference, leading university researchers, development practitioners, private industry partners, and public agency leaders will address four central themes:
- Role of horticulture in improving nutrition and income generation
- Gender empowerment through horticulture
- Food security and postharvest loss
- Youth engagement in horticulture value chains
Keynote speakers will include:
- Emmy Simmons, Senior Adviser at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Bonnie McClafferty, Director of Food Value Chains for the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Jeffrey Lansdale, President of the Panamerican Agricultural School, Zamorano
See the conference webpage for more details. Because seating is limited, this event is invitation-only, but there is an opportunity to sign up to express interest in attending if additional seats become available.
During the event, follow #Hort4Dev for social media updates.