Now Open! RFA for Farmer-to-Farmer Small Grant Program
2019 Small Grants Request for Applications
Partners of the Americas, with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is seeking applications from parties interested in the F2F AVOP Small Grants Program.
The RFA will be conducted in 2 phases:
- Phase I: Competitive Concept Note
- Phase II: Competitive Development of Full Application (details provided to organizations selected to advance to Phase II)
The USAID-funded John Ogonowski and Doug Bereuter Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Agricultural Volunteer Opportunity Program (AVOP) provides small grant funding available for international development programs focused on expert volunteer technical assistance. The total amount of funding available under this RFA for all awards is $1,839,000. Applicants may submit proposals for three (3) year projects limited to a maximum budget of $613,000.
F2F emphasizes achieving economic impact and measurable results through technical assistance provided by highly-skilled volunteers. Assignments can concentrate on specific geographic areas, commodities programs, and service sectors. Programs go beyond simply placing volunteers on an individual basis and focus on developing specific market chains for which overall impact can be evaluated. Programs build institutions and transfer technology and management expertise to link smallholder farmers with markets that make use of comparative advantages in production, processing, and marketing. Volunteers typically work with medium and small agro-enterprises, cooperatives, individual producers, agricultural extension and research agencies, and financial institutions. Major areas of program focus are: horticulture, dairy and livestock, staple food crops, producer organization development, financial services, marketing and processing, agricultural education and training, and natural resources management. A key component of F2F programs is that they are demand-driven by local host organizations and their evolving needs.
May 31, 2019 | Concept Note RFA Available Online
June 27, 2019, 12PM EST | Last Call for Questions
June 28, 2019, 2PM EST | Informational Webinar
July 15, 2019, 6PM EST | Concept Note Due
Join By Phone:
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,505607114# US (New York)
+14086380968,,505607114# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 720 707 2699 US
Meeting ID: 505 607 114
Find your local number:https://zoom.us/u/abUPcWnuZz
Join By Computer:
Concept Note Submission
Concept Note applications must be submitted using the online form here: https://iglhrrlmdt.formstack.com/forms/avop_rfa
- No phone calls accepted.
- Only one Concept Note per organization/institution.
- Partners of the Americas will confirm receipt via email.
- All application documents are to be sent as Microsoft Word attachments via the application form.
- No other method of submission will be accepted.
All technical questions are to be submitted in writing via e-mail by June 27, 2019, 12PM EST to [email protected].
- No phone calls, faxes, or questions submitted via the farmer-to-farmer.org contact form will be accepted.
- Partners of the Americas will confirm receipt of your question(s) via [email protected]
- Questions and answers will be posted on a rolling basis and can be viewed at this page.
- Any further questions will be answered at the RFA Q&A Webinar on June 28, 2019, at 2PM EST.