Feed the Future Advancing Women’s Empowerment (AWE) Program
The Feed the Future Advancing Women’s Empowerment (AWE) Program enhances gender equality and women’s empowerment in agriculture programs by providing targeted technical assistance to Missions, implementing partners, the Bureau for Food Security, and other USAID Operating Units to increase women’s participation, productivity, profit, and benefit in agricultural systems. To accomplish this, AWE builds capacity, provides tailored short- and long-term technical support, and generates, synthesizes and shares good practices promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Launched in September of 2018, the Feed the Future Advancing Women’s Empowerment (AWE) Program has a period of up to five years. Through this highly flexible and adaptive contracting mechanism, USAID Missions and Washington Operating Units can access tailored technical assistance and expertise to inform local solutions and strategic priorities related to increasing gender equality and women's empowerment in agriculture programs. The mechanism is coordinated by USAID’s Bureau for Food Security and implemented by EnCompass with sub-contractors ACDI/VOCA and Marketshare Associates.
What the AWE Program can do for you:
- Support mission staff with training in gender equality and women’s empowerment in agriculture.
- Conduct gender and agriculture assessments and analysis, including gender-sensitive Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting assessments.
- Provide gender technical assistance to implementing partners in activity design and implementation, including application of the Women’s Empowerment Agricultural Index and the Gender Integration Framework.
- Provide short-term gender technical assistance to meet a wide range of design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and learning needs.
- Facilitate workshops on unintended consequences to promote learning from USAID investments.
- Initiate in-person and online learning opportunities to disseminate tools, resources, and best practices.
What you can do for AWE:
- Share good practices in gender equality and women’s empowerment in agriculture with the AWE team.
- Participate in learning events.
- Let others know AWE is a resource for USAID agricultural programming.