E-Conference Responding to Fall Armyworm in Asia, 10-12 July
We would like to invite you to the SDSN e-conference Responding to Fall Armyworm in Asia, 10-12 July. Fall armyworm is an invasive species that arrived in Asia last year and feeds on maize, rice, sorghum and a number of other crops.
Register here to learn from our experts about the state of fall armyworm in Asia, appropriate responses, future innovations and strategies to reach farmers in three interactive live sessions. Subscribing also allows you to join our online conference platform where you can meet colleagues from around the world to share your expertise, discuss work and share your challenges.
- Peter Chinwada (IITA): Fall armyworm identification and recognition of field infestation
- Allan Hruska (FAO): Summary and conclusions of the Regional FAW Consultative Meeting in Bangkok
- Keith Cressman (FAO): New improved version of FAMEWS mobile app and latest developments on the global platform
- Paul Jepson (Oregon State University): pesticides as a barrier to IPM adoption, hazard elimination and risk reduction
- Malvika Chaudhary (CABI): Biological control agents and biorationals for management of fall armyworm
- Isaac Oyediran (Syngenta): The role of insect resistance management plans for Bt crops
- Frederic Baudron (CIMMYT): Understanding factors conditioning fall armyworm infestation in smallholder maize fields and quantifying its impact on yield
- Anne Sophie Poisot (FAO): Communication, extension and farmer education on fall armyworm