Impacts of Cash Transfers on Preventing Malnutrition in Yemen
An impact evaluation of Yemen’s Cash for Nutrition program provides new evidence of the benefits of “cash plus” transfer programs to meet nutritional needs in conflict situations—a context in which rigorous evidence is scarce.
This event will review the findings on the combination of cash transfers with nutritional education provided by the Yemen Social Fund for Development and its positive impacts on key measures of child and maternal nutrition.
- Lamis Al-Iryani, Evaluation Manager, Yemen Social Fund for Development (Presentation | Video)
- Yashodhan Ghorpade, Economist, The World Bank Group (Presentation | Video)
- Sikandra Kurdi, Associate Research Fellow, IFPRI (Presentation | Video)
- Dominique van de Walle, Visiting Fellow, Center for Global Development (Video)
- Jacob Kurtzer, Deputy Director and Senior Research Fellow of Humanitarian Agenda, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) (Video)