Soybean Innovation Lab March 2018 Newsletter
Extra! Extra! Read all about it in SIL's March Newsletter!
SIL's March 2018 Newsletter features the following articles:
- Congressional Delegation Visits SIL Sites in Ghana - In February, a congressional delegation from the Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS) visited Ghana and spent time with SIL collaborators and staff at the EnSoy Milk facility housed at the Food Research Institute in Accra.
- SIL Addresses Questions of Rhizobial Persistence in Ghana - SIL researcher Randy Nelson collaborates with the Savanna Agricultural Research Institute and the USDA-Agricultural Research Service to gain a better understanding of how often inoculant should be used to maximize yields and profits.
- In Case You Missed It! Check Out Our New Pan-African Soybean Variety Trials Website! - SIL launched a new website dedicated to the Pan-African Soybean Variety Trial program. The new site features information on trial countries (Mali, Kenya and Malawi), trial protocols, varietal performance and implementing partners.
- SIL's Soy Food Entrepreneur Network Supports Small Business Improvements and Growth - SIL facilitates a Soy Food Entrepreneur Network, a virtual network of entrepreneurs around the world who innovate to address challenges to operating sustainable, profitable soy food businesses.
- Upcoming Events! - SIL has a two upcoming webinars on April 25th (Complementary Food for Africa) and May 9th (Focus Groups 101).
- SIL Team Spotlight - Richard Irish and Mark Lawrence